Overview: Responsible for B2B new business development, focusing on co-packing opportunities for larger branded coffee companies, Chain restaurant, C-Stores, Non-Commercial, and hotel in room segments. Position will also focus on select Private Label opportunities. Home-based office, flexible location, east coast preferred.
- New business development. Identify toll roasting and contract manufacturing new business opportunities. Focusing on coffee companies that are willing to outsource their production, Chain Restaurant, C-Store, and Non-Commercial.
- Present Plant’s capabilities and work with supervisor to develop pricing strategies to win business and protect profitability.
- Work closely with other departments; operations, marketing, finance on bids.
- Develop and regularly update new business development pipeline by segment.
- Close deals and manage partner relationships on an on-going basis.
- Work closely with supervisor to meet the needs of customers while meeting margin requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers through regular appointments and planning meetings.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Attend relevant industry trade shows/functions.
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to supervisor.
- Conduct and document retail tours regularly.
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 + years of successful experience in new business development
- 5+ years of experience in coffee industry
- Experience in wide range of trade channels. Non-Commercial, C-Store and Chain Restaurant experience is preferred
- Strong track record of closing new business
- Strong Negotiation Skills