Overview: Direct selling to Costco. Candidate must have strong current relationships, selling food/beverage products to Costco.
- Successfully execute individual and company goals
- Sell a portfolio of products from our Principals to an assigned customer base
- Interact and develop strong authentic relationships with internal and external partners
- Solicit new Principals and negotiate contracts with them on behalf of the company
- Develop strategy and lead all initiatives for the Principals for which they are responsible
- Create new items specific to customer needs through vendors or as a new brand
- Drive sales while staying within budgetary expense guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business concentration strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience calling on retail and club stores
- Exceptional track record of growing sales
- Strong ability to multitask managing several clients
- Strong entrepreneurial characteristics
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Excellent presentation skills and follow up a must
- Project Management experience a plus
- Must be able to establish, grow and maintain relationships with both Principals and Customer Buyers
- Must understand pricing, promotion, and margins as they pertain to the club and retail segments
- Candidate needs excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments throughout the organization as projects are lead from conception through execution
- Strong attention to detail
This role will be part of the Category Management and Analytics team, and partner with the Sales team to support strategy development and help drive category leadership within this space. Specifically, the person in this role will work to identify market trends and competitive threats, bring forward shopper insights, and have a full understanding of products, assortment, pricing, placement, digital attributions, and merchandising. Individual should be highly skilled in the use of analytical tools, combining disparate pieces of data and insights into a holistic story.
- Leverage traditional category management tools and data resources and creatively adapt them to the needs of the channel
- Lead the monitoring and enforcement of MAPP pricing policies
- Become an expert in relevant data tools and mine data to bring forth opportunities and concerns while educating the team on what information is available in these tools
- Utilize multiple data sources to develop comprehensive go-to-market category strategies, spanning across product, price, promotion, placement and the digital shelf
- Create, prepare, and present retailer presentations to sales team and the customer, including recommendations and next steps
- Develop and share data reports with the sales team that keep them informed of business trends, but also educate on how the marketplace is evolving
- Use category expertise, intellect, emotional intelligence, and pro-active communication skills to influence key stakeholders internally and externally to move category-driving agendas forward
- Must have 3+ years Category Management experience within the CPG industry and some experience within the eCommerce channel
- Must be skilled in pulling and interpreting syndicated scan data (Nielsen & IRI) and panel data (Nielsen, IRI, Numerator) and comfortable leveraging custom and syndicated consumer insights to provide supporting evidence for recommendations
The position Sales Operations Manager is responsible for increasing sales force productivity by strengthening sales processes. The Manager will identify opportunities and lead improvements that result in driving profitable Net Sales for company. Position reports into the Director, Sales Operations & Business Development.
-Develop and implement improvements for sales processes that increase sales force productivity: Develop and implement improvements for sales processes such as Customer Strategic Planning, Annual Business Plans, New Product Launches, NACDS, Competitive Monitoring, Sales Execution, Sales Training, and others as necessary. Ensure assigned processes are communicated, understood, and followed across the organization to drive success. Modify processes as necessary as a continuous improvement loop.
-Conduct customer segmentation to ensure sales prioritization against highest ROI business opportunities: Conduct customer segmentation analyses to identify higher ROI business opportunities; develop recommendations to ensure sales resources are focused against the highest priority customers. Secure Director and VP alignment on recommendations.
-Manage the sales communication process, including field sales enabling technologies and sales business intelligence / reporting: Manage the communication process to drive agility and clarity in communications and decision-making between Marketing and Sales teams, provide recommendations to simplify and streamline the process to create better, faster decision-making; develop and manage new communications and reporting technologies as appropriate for Company.
-4 year college degree
-5 – 8 years direct sales, sales operations or marketing experience
-Proven analytical skills
-Strong project management, planning and organizational skills
-Self-motivated, proactive and able to independently structure and lead complex analyses / situations
-Working knowledge of syndicated data (Nielsen/IRI, Spectra, Panel)
-Strong oral, written and presentation skills
Entrepreneurial company is seeking a dynamic sourcing expert with 15+ years of experience in the food and beverage industry.
-Acts as key service area of support to Sales and Commercial Development team
-Primary role is to Find/locate/source top qualified suppliers that meet criteria for food/beverage commercial product development plan
-Qualify the suppliers via the company checklist qualifications
-Provide summaries / briefs to Executive and Sales team on qualified prospects
-Secure NDA and Contract Agreements with Suppliers
-Define target costing, build Proformas, and negotiate costing with Suppliers
-Publish weekly Sourcing Queue outlining all prospects and status
-Track conversion rates as key performance KPI
-Bachelor degree and 15+ years of related sourcing, procurement, and/or buyer experience
-Food publication (writer for relevant trade industries)
-Prepared Foods Manufacturing (procurement/sales/marketing roles)
-Industry Trade Association (research department for membership services)
-Ability to deep-dive data, create insights and convert to actionable relevance
Growing food company is seeking an experienced, high motivated, talented and competitive International Sales Manager to manage all international businesses, including Canada, Mexico, Latin America, the Middle East, and Asia. This person will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious international sales goals through the development and implementation of new sales initiatives in targeted countries. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record translating strategy and plans into winning in-market executions.
-Research, evaluate and select new potential distributors in opportunity markets
-Manage distributors and sales agents to deliver profitable growth aligned with Company goals
-Mentor distributors and sales agents to develop market goals and strategies for achieving them, ensuring that global strategies are in line with brand standards
-Establish and actively monitor quarterly goals and sales targets for each distributor and sales agents, ensuring sell through on targeted timing
-Assist distributors in building sell through plans in select retail accounts
-Create detailed and accurate monthly sales forecasts by distributor and country
-Conduct monthly calls with key distributors and weekly calls with sales agents
-Work with the corporate marketing and trade development teams in creating compelling go-to-market plans and presentations to introduce new or existing products
-Train, develop and inspire distributors and sales agency staff
-Provide Finance team with support, upon request, in collecting payments from clients and assist in the expenditure tracking process
-Liaise with the marketing and operations teams on special projects such as customer packs or high-volume opportunities and submit formal recommendations for required support
-5 to 10 years of proven international sales experience
-Knowledge of Latin American, Asian, and Middle Eastern markets, preferred
-Marketing, commercial or trade development experience
-Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters preferred
-Speak at least one foreign language (Spanish); two foreign languages preferred
-Highly proficient in excel and PowerPoint
-50% travel required, including ability to travel 10-12 times per year outside the U.S.
The Sales Planning Manager manages and executes sales-oriented programs throughout the business. In this role, the Sales Planning Manager interacts closely with many internal and cross-functional partners to secure integrated customer programs for the organization. You will partner with all levels of the organization in order to support the sales team strategically and tactically. This Manager plays a key role in tying together forecast, syndicated data (market trends), marketing plans, and trade funding.
- Oversees the implementation of the customer investment strategy (trade spending) for Retail Sales & Foodservice, including national planning calendar, pricing and promotion parameters by Brand/Size, and on-going management and communication.
- Recommends and manages incremental funding requests across the Retail and Foodservice businesses.
- Stewards the Annual Planning process, connecting Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations.
- Leads a monthly process to review trade spend, promotional effectiveness, and customer profitability and reports back to key-stakeholders on findings. Identifies trends, challenges, and opportunities to influence future promotional planning.
- Working closely with Sales Planning Specialists, supports the Sales Development Director in preparation for the monthly S&OP and Market & Shares meetings.
- Coordinates and develops fact-based new item selling stories/fact books in conjunction with marketing.
- Develops formal presentations that support channel strategies, key market information, and new item launches for both Retail and Foodservice business.
- Coordinates and manages special / ad hoc projects as requested.
- Acts as the “eyes & ears” of the Sales team internally, communicating trends, competitive actions, and opportunities .
- Working with the Sales Operations & Administration Manager, develops sales scorecards for all priority activities, including Broker incentives and new item launches.
- Manage customer specific information, including POG timing and listing requirements
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, and/or Finance, preferred
- 6+ years of Field sales experience, preferred, 2-3 years working in a National Office setting, preferred
- Broker and Direct Sales Management experience a plus
- Marketing or Category Management experience a plus
- Ability to travel 10% – 15% of the time