Brand Manager (Phoenix, AZ Area)
Overview: Responsible for adapting brand strategy for the company’s North American target market. As the “brand leader and guardian”, this role is responsible for maintaining brand integrity across all company marketing initiatives and communications. Essential duties and responsibilities include brand development, consumer promotional management and execution, merchandising and POP material development, trade advertising and sales support – Other duties may be assigned.
- Product Development, work directly with R&D / QA / and Sales team on new item development
- Communicate development activities with support departments
- Create competitive item library and analysis for new item development including analysis of market conditions, channel trends and market trend analysis
- New item costing, business plan development
- Direct and produce video content for customer and consumer education
- Pre and post product launch analysis
- Social and Digital Media, manage the Company Website and all Social Media platform communication and branding efforts (including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and others if applicable).
- Drive strategy to expand brand voice across various social media platforms.
- Track and report on key metrics across social media channels, and use findings to maximize growth opportunities, and share with other departments
- Consumer Promotion, work with Sales and VP of Operations teams to cost, develop, communicate, and execute identified Marketing tactics (e.g. local ads, distributor programs, etc.) aligned with and supported by the defined “marketing vision and strategic imperatives”.
- Oversees portion of Consumer budget: Cost, develop, communicate, and execute Marketing trade shows aligned with and supported by the Brand Manager’s “marketing vision and strategic imperatives” to include
- Product Management / Channel Management / Graphic Design
- Drive regular sku optimization analysis and communicate results to the R&D and Sales teams
- Regular communication to sales regarding product marketing status
- Manage creation and content of sales literature, video, and promotional activity
- Utilize available data to observe market activity and develop marketing strategies.
- Communications, ensures clear and timely communication within department and with other departments to maximize quality, productivity and minimize down time.
- Identify product improvements & areas of cost saving to help improve margin
- Acts as a problem solver and team player.
- Must be experienced with a personal computer, Illustrator, Photo shop, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Outlook, photo shop, and Video development software
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during routine activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Presents technical information and or procedures to the team.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a four-year college or university
- Three to five years related experience in CPG Marketing and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products with preferred experience in syndicated data software such as IRI or AC Nielsen.