Category Development Manager (NYC/NY Metro)
Overview: This is a senior manager level role within a dynamic healthy snack food company. Local candidates only, must have Walmart experience.
- Build Category Management capabilities at strategic accounts and grow thought leadership leading to profitable category growth
- Develop transformational, fact-based recommendations on how to build healthy snacking category through consumer & shopper insights, that will create value in the front-end and aisle
- Drive Best in class Category Management Recommendations
- Create and plan category leadership solutions that should include shopper and category insights across: item assortment (everyday/new products/promoted/seasonal), everyday shelving and merchandising, pricing and promotions
- Where appropriate, manage and deliver against the responsibilities of the Category Captaincy/Advisory process in partnership with the customer and advisor manufacturer partners
- Co-create and implement (with customer, internal, and external partners) a customer category vision and long-term strategic customer business plan, both annually and 3-5 years out – usually CBPs are completed in conjunction with Sales to meet the key strategic Sales initiatives. Category provides input but would not solely create and implement.
- Work with HQ Insights team to identify specific insights opportunities, assist with any research, and help deliver category leadership solutions
- Identify specific research opportunities (shopper, consumer, etc.) to bring new learning to category leadership solutions
- Evaluate/monitor all customer category leadership solutions, turn analysis into recommended action and continually improve to be more effective and efficient for category at customer
- Leverage insights and resources through the utilization of a broad range of data sources, market research findings, tools, analyses, and technology to continually bring new (revenue generating) shopper ideas/approaches
- Bachelors degree
- 5-10 years of progressive CPG sales and analytics experience
- Experience with national retailers/strategic retail accounts