Sales Planning Manager (Boston, MA Area)
Overview: The Sales Planning Manager manages and executes sales-oriented programs throughout the business. In this role, the Sales Planning Manager interacts closely with many internal and cross-functional partners to secure integrated customer programs for the organization. You will partner with all levels of the organization in order to support the sales team strategically and tactically. This Manager plays a key role in tying together forecast, syndicated data (market trends), marketing plans, and trade funding.
- Oversees the implementation of the customer investment strategy (trade spending) for Retail Sales & Foodservice, including national planning calendar, pricing and promotion parameters by Brand/Size, and on-going management and communication.
- Recommends and manages incremental funding requests across the Retail and Foodservice businesses.
- Stewards the Annual Planning process, connecting Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Operations.
- Leads a monthly process to review trade spend, promotional effectiveness, and customer profitability and reports back to key-stakeholders on findings. Identifies trends, challenges, and opportunities to influence future promotional planning.
- Working closely with Sales Planning Specialists, supports the Sales Development Director in preparation for the monthly S&OP and Market & Shares meetings.
- Coordinates and develops fact-based new item selling stories/fact books in conjunction with marketing.
- Develops formal presentations that support channel strategies, key market information, and new item launches for both Retail and Foodservice business.
- Coordinates and manages special / ad hoc projects as requested.
- Acts as the “eyes & ears” of the Sales team internally, communicating trends, competitive actions, and opportunities .
- Working with the Sales Operations & Administration Manager, develops sales scorecards for all priority activities, including Broker incentives and new item launches.
- Manage customer specific information, including POG timing and listing requirements
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, and/or Finance, preferred
- 6+ years of Field sales experience, preferred, 2-3 years working in a National Office setting, preferred
- Broker and Direct Sales Management experience a plus
- Marketing or Category Management experience a plus
- Ability to travel 10% – 15% of the time