This position will lead Category Development responsibilities for CVS through the analysis of customer scan/loyalty data, consumer/shopper insights and industry trends to help drive strategic growth for all Edgewell Personal Care categories. Category Development Managers are responsible for planning and implementing Category Management initiatives to maximize Edgewell Personal Care’s business goals for profit, volume and share. The Category Management Vision is to be our customers “First Choice” for all category, consumer and shopper insights. Position is New England-based.
- Oversees everyday Category Development team operations in the local office
- Skill gap assessment, Training and Development of the Team (CDMs and Analyst)
- Elevate the company’s Vision and Mission from a Category Perspective within the customer
- Account Relationship development / penetration
- Work closely with Director of Category Development to develop customer penetration strategy, set specific and time bound influence goals
- Leverage Consumer Insights team linking category roles with our brand strategies
- Development and management of modular process
- Manage and collaborate with internal liaison to drive corporate alignment on Line Review Annual Process
- Coach team in utilizing “Best Practice” category management templates principals and tools to conduct Efficient Product Assortment analyses, which incorporate consumption, financial, and consumer measures.
- Develop team capabilities to support the utilization of space management software along with account specific syndicated or POS data to conduct space management analyses and to make merchandising proposals that support new item launches, brand distribution gains, incremental space and enhanced positioning.
- Metrics/ Team Scorecard Management across the 4 P’s Measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the company.
- Clearly communicate key learnings and recommend future actions to Category Development.
- Coach team to evaluate account pricing relative to the brand’s competition and account competition. Make appropriate recommendations supported by strategically sound rationale.
- Attendance at ongoing line reviews across all lines of business to facilitate the linkage between shopper insights and category development in the development of comprehensive selling stories designed to maximize brand distribution, planogram presence, and sales growth through the effective use of syndicated data, account POS, and consumer research along with the respective CDM
- Manage 30/60/90 objective planning with the teams
- Coach team to Measure the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s(and competitive where appropriate) promotions, based on sales, financial, and merchandising results. Clearly communicate key learnings and recommend to the team.
- Manage and oversee development of DME and reporting applications
- Ongoing collaboration with local sales team to ensure Strategic alignment across lines of business
- Support in the development of shopper insights, recommendations and implementation with customer.
- Create timely and transparent communication to internal stakeholders on outcome of modular recommendations.
- 5+ years of experience in category management with a major branded CPG company
- Additional experience in insights/shopper/customer marketing, sales and/or marketing are considered a plus
- Experience in management & execution of category business strategies
- 4 Year College Degree Required
- Expertise and application of Category Management Best Practices
- Management & execution of shopper based solution strategies
- Experience with Nielsen/IRI syndicated data usage and understanding
- Excellent analytical and communications skills
- Ability to lead cross functional projects
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- nowledge and application of standard research methodologies considered a plus